Monday, December 29, 2008

Supersquats, Week 1, Workout A

Did lots of reading to make sure I knew the requirements of the program - hard to devote yourself to eating, eating, eating then discover you're getting fatter, fatter, fatter because the workout isn't effective.

So...

I was tempted to stack more weight on the squats. I toyed with the idea of putting 185 on and starting there.
I'm glad I avoided the temptation. I ended my 20 sets with such a sudden blinding headache and dizziness that I wished I could pass out.

That was new and unwelcome. But I certainly didn't feel I left anything on the table.

Here's the workout, references below.
  • Warm up x 3 rounds
    • Wall Squats (nose & toes against wall) x 10
    • Pumps x 10
    • Slashers + Halo x 10

  • Single Arm Military Press
    • 24kg, 12 reps each side
    • 24kg, 10
    • 24kg, 10

  • Zercher Squats
    • 155 / 20 reps

  • Pullovers
    • 12kg / 20 reps

  • Single Arm Floor Press
    • 24kg, 12, each side
    • 28kg, 12
    • 32kg, 12

  • Pullups/Rows
    • Pullups, 12
    • Pullups, 8 - 32kg Row, 4
    • Pullups, 6 - 28kg Row, 6

  • Stiff-Legged Deadlift
    • 24kg / 15
  • Shrugs
    • 24kg / 12
  • Pullover
    • 12kg / 20 reps


No comments: