Sunday, December 21, 2008

Today's Workout

Warm-up: 30 min snow & ice shoveling. That counts, doesn't it?

Two Tabata sets:
  • Swings, 48kg, 20W:10R, 5 rounds
  • 1 min rest
  • Heavy Bag, 20W:10R, 5 rounds
I feel I've hit my Tabata-stride perfectly when 'by that time, my lungs were aching for air...' Feeling seared, breaths come painful and burning, adrenalin pumping and simply no more to give. Trying to sit still and keyboard is an effort as my body jumps and twitches with the chemical dump.

Snatches, with their built in rest, don't do it for me. It's too muscular and insufficiently aerobic (for me, in the manner I perform them, regardless of weight or attempted cadence.) Heavy two-handed swings, however... burn city. And the heavy bag will take everything I've got and sit there dumbly.

Rest of the workout:
MA practice sets alternated with planks, bird-dog planks, gravity-boot situps

No comments: