Friday, December 12, 2008

Today's Workout

My back feels a little sore this morning. I've noticed myself bracing, bending the knees more. Whether this is sore (musculature - DOMS) or sore (pre-injury), I cannot tell.

Today's workout accommodates the underlying cause potentially underlying this warning sign. Everything extremely slow, lots of tension, highly focused but with much lower weight than "optimal".

So call me Jack Bauer because today was 24(kg):
  • Single-Leg Deadlift 24kg, each side/ 8 - 6 - 5
  • Bent Press 24kg, each side/ 4 - 3 - 2
  • Mard*-Style Turkish Getup 24kg, each side/ 3 - 3 - 3
  • Two-Hands Anyhow 2x12kgs=24kgs, each side/3 - 2 - 2
  • Finished with Steve Maxwell's Joint Conditioning & Recharge (approx 24 minutes... heh.)
*"Mard-Style" is my own linguistic blender for the Turkish Getup with the following accessories:
1) Jeff Martone's shoulder rotation opening move
2) Pavel's group's hard-style tgu which includes the one-handed bridge up and down

No comments: